In conjunction with ACM MMSys 2016, being held in Klagenfurt Austria, the DASH Industry Forum is proud to announce the establishment of the
DASH Industry Forum Excellence in DASH Award
This award offers a financial prize for those papers which best meet the following requirements:
- Paper must substantially address MPEG DASH as the presentation format
- Paper must be selected for presentation at ACM MMSys 2016
- Preference given to practical enhancements and developments which can sustain future commercial usefulness of DASH.
- DASH format used should conform to the DASH IF Interoperability Points as defined by https://dashif.org/guidelines/
Three levels of prize are awarded:
- First place – €1000
- Second place – €500
- Third place – €250
- Winners are chosen by a DASH Industry Forum appointed committee and results are final.
- If papers of sufficient quality are not received, then some or all of the awards may not be granted.
- The competition is open to any individual, commercial or academic institution. No preference is given to DASH IF members and membership is not required in order to participate in the competition.
How to enter: in order for your paper to be considered for the competition, please check the checkbox labelled “DASH Award” on the submission page and your paper will be forwarded to the DASH IF for review.
The DASH IF Board
November 1st, 2015.