dash.js v4.0.0 released
DASH-IF is is very pleased to announce that version 4.0.0 of dash.js has officially been released. As this is a major release, 4.0.0 includes a lot of new features and changes. Please find below the relevant information and related links. DASH-IF we will have a special DASH-IF dash.js call on July 20th where we present the new features and changes of dash.js 4.0.0. We will also use this call to discuss the priorities for the upcoming dash.js versions.
Congratulations and many thanks to Daniel Silhavy and the dash.js team for accomplishing this major milestone.
- Major improvements for multiperiod playback (stability, enable seeking between periods for multiperiod livestreams, improved gap handling, fix baseURL resolution, fix race conditions)
- Enable audio track switch with different codecs (different AdaptationSets)
- Rework sample Section and provide additional samples
- AAST based approach for measurement and estimation of throughput calculation in LL CTE streaming
- Reworked text track handling
- Rework buffer and scheduling logic( e.g. DVR window and AST/AET calculation)
- Development improvements (replace Grunt with Webpack, replace JSHint with ESLint)
- Release notes: https://github.com/Dash-Industry-Forum/dash.js/releases/tag/v4.0.0
- DASH-IF Hosted Player: https://reference.dashif.org/dash.js/v4.0.0/samples/dash-if-reference-player/index.html
- Samples Page: https://reference.dashif.org/dash.js/v4.0.0/samples/index.html
- Migration guide: https://github.com/Dash-Industry-Forum/dash.js/wiki/Migration-to-dash.js-4.0