A wide variety of commercial client and player component software is already available for the playback of MPEG-DASH. This page details the client software available today from DASH Industry Forum members: Aricent, AvidBeam, bitdash, BuyDRM, castlabs, Digital Primates, InterDigital, NexStreaming, Qualcomm, RealNetworks, StreamOne and VisualOn. Opens-source client implementations, including dash.js, can be located in the Software tab above.
Aricent has developed a feature-rich DASH Streaming player that supports the delivery of MPEG-DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP). The DASH SDK is a media applications development framework which addresses the interoperability and convergence needs to provide a rich and enjoyable user experience. Key features available as a part of the DASH streaming Player include
- Loose Coupling of Protocol Stack
- Low CPU Utilization
- Buffer Mode support
- Configurable Buffer Size
- Support for On-demand and live streaming
- Portable/extensible solution across Platforms
- Bit-Rate adaptation based on network conditions
- Support for streaming over IPV6
Key benefits of our SDK include,
- Single solution with support for both MP4 and MPEG-2 TS segments
- DRM integration
- Closed caption support
- Multiple Audio Channels
- Seamless network congestion adaptation
- Bandwidth adaption based on consumer activity
In addition to MPEG-DASH, Aricent also has deep domain expertise in Multimedia solutions and Streaming stacks like RTSP/ RTP, Progressive Download, HTTP Live Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, and Video & Voice Solutions. Our multimedia frameworks are deployed in over 120 million devices annually and have been shipped in over 700 million devices across the globe to date. For further information got to https://www.aricent.com/software/media-and-entertainment-software.html
AvidBeam Technologies is a leading organization focusing on multimedia services and products innovation to deliver the best Video experience to end users over any network. AvidBeam’s technology strengths are based on world-class R&D team composed of media architects, software engineers and computer scientists with a proven track-record in technologies such as media streaming, videoconferencing, platform context awareness, wearables and Internet of Things video needs.
AvidBeam has developed a Peer-to-Peer Inspired, Novel and Enhanced Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP application (PINE DASH). Please check AvidBeam YouTube channel for a video that illustrates a comparison between AvidBeam’s PINE DASH vs basic rate-based DASH. The evaluation of both techniques affirmed the fact that PINE DASH has led to significant increases in both download rates (279%) and quality indicators such as media bitrates (41%) which resulted in compelling improvement in the quality of end-user’s video-streaming experience.
AvidBeam DASH Video Streaming Client SDK supports:
- ISO DASH MPEG WG profile for on-demand and live streaming
- Common Encryption Protocol for Digital Rights Management (DRM) support
- Multiple Dynamic Adaptive Streaming Protocols (DASH, HLS, HDS, SS)
- text & advertisement rendering and playback
- H.264 & HEVC codec streaming
- Supports Android, Windows and IOS operating systems.
For Further information please visit www.avidbeam.com
bitdash™ is a suite of highly optimized MPEG-DASH clients for various platforms and devices, delivering the best streaming performance and user experience, particular in adverse (mobile) network conditions. Bitdash is based on HTML5 with a Flash fallback. The MPEG-DASH player supports the most common streaming servers like bitcodin, Wowza, nginx, Path1, Unified Streaming, Akamai etc. An API, DRM, Ads support and reporting are just a few of the many interesting features of the player.
- MPEG-DASH playback on any web-platform using HTML5 (MSE) or Flash as fallback
- MPEG-DASH playback on mobile devices using HTML5 (MSE)
- Broad streaming server and encoder support for Live and on Demand (bitcodin, nginx, Wowza, Elemental, Unified Streaming, Akamai, …)
- Unified API for booth, the bitdash HTML5 as well as Flash MPEG-DASH player
- Comprehensive interfaces for reporting and analytics
- Effective DASH Adaptation Logic, enabling short startup delays, reduced bufferings and highest quality even in toughest environments
- Up to 101 % higher effective media throughput compared to other solutions = Higher Quality for the User
- Ads support and Ads ingetragion (VAST)
- Fully compatible to Third Party DRM systems
- Comprehensive test content and documentation
- Live as well as on demand
- Various DASH 264 test vectors
- Showcases on closed captions/subtitles
- Efficient usage of multi audio and language, resulting in minimized storage costs
- Visit bitdash’s demo area to try the MPEG-DASH player.
For further information and your free player trial please have a look on www.dash-player.com
BuyDRM’s KeyOS Platform offers three DASH-centric technologies including: Smooth DRM CENC Encryption and Licensing platform, KeyOS Media Server for Muxing, Encryption and Delivery and KeyOS Device DRM Agents for Android and iOS.For DASH support we provide fully-mature development SDKs which include complete documentation, sample playback applications, a 24/7/365 Development Support Team and when necessary, direct support from our SDK Development engineering group.Our Android SDK includes our very popular Android player with our Device DRM Agent for Android. This player is highly customizable and supports all of today’s popular consumer scenarios. We support live, on-demand, streaming and download offline playback in our KeyOS Device DRM Agent for iOS and our KeyOS Device DRM Agent for Android.
KeyOS Device DRM Features:
- CENC and PlayReady Encryption
- MP3 and MP4 local and streaming
- MSFT Smooth Streaming local (offline) and streaming
- HLS v4.0 Streaming
- MPEG -TS VOD and LIVE MPEG-DASH
- MPEG-DASH Time-based, Index-based, ISOFF Live and ISOFF On-Demand Profiles
- H.264, AAC-HE v1 and v2, AAC-LC
- Dolby Digital+
Integrity and Anti-debugger Checks
Variable speed playback
PlayReady License Chaining
eMBMS / FLUTE support
Multiple Audio Tracks for Smooth Streaming and HLS v4
Subtitles / Closed captions / External (DFXP), Internal / Embedded (DFXP)
BuyDRM™ is a leading provider of DRM Services and Solutions for the entertainment, enterprise and education industries with customers spanning the globe. With 12 years of market-leading experience in implementing commercial DRM solutions and media technologies, BuyDRM™ has amassed substantial success stories for many of today’s largest brands. For more information please visit https://www.buydrm.com
castLabs pioneers software and cloud services for digital video markets worldwide. We understand how building video players can present a heavy development effort, especially when considering the selection of screens consumers wish to use.
Our range of PRESTOplay software development kits (SDKs) save time and money by greatly simplifying player application development across desktops, mobiles, TVs, game consoles, set-top-boxes, and VR.
PRESTOplay provides the versatility to create high-quality bespoke players for your customer’s preferred screens offering them rich playback experiences they expect. Available with support for popular streaming technologies and a fully customizable UI, service providers benefit from integration efficiency with an extensive set of features ready-to-use. DRM-encrypted live, on-demand, and offline adaptive bitrate playback using the latest standards has never been easier!
- Available for desktops, browsers, Android and iOS devices
- Offline, VoD, and live playback
- MPEG-DASH, HLS, and Smooth Streaming ABR support
- DRM support for studio content playback
- Multi-language audio & subtitles
- Fully customizable UI
- Common ABR algorithm for consistent cross-platform experience
- IMA/VAST ads
- QoE & analytics integrations
Digital Primates is an elite consultancy focused on high performance client-side applications. With specialties in video, mobile and enterprise development, Digital Primates has built video players for some of the world’s most watched live events, and often works with many of the world’s biggest brands. Digital Primates has offices in Chicago and New York City and can be reached at email@example.com.
InterDigital is offering an SDK for design of DASH streaming clients for mobile devices, such as Android smartphones and tablets. A unique feature of the InterDigital SDK is the capability to optimize video delivery based on analysis of user behavior and viewing conditions, including the user’s proximity to the display, display density, and ambient light. Such optimizations result in reduced bandwidth needs, easing load on wireless networks and improving user experience.
More information about InterDigital user-aware video technology and DASH client SDK can be found at User-Adaptive-Streaming_White-Paper_04_16_2013-1.pdf or by searching for “video streaming” at https://vault.interdigital.com.
NexStreaming is a global multimedia software company listed at KOSDAQ (139670) with more than 15 years in the market and focusing on the development of premium multimedia software. The main product of NexStreaming is NexPlayer, the market leader Player SDK for Android, iOS, Tizen and HTML5 apps. The most popular video service providers worldwide include NexPlayer in their mobile apps to enable MPEG-DASH and HLS high quality streaming across all devices with Widevine or any other DRM content protection. NexStreaming is well known for its 24⁄7 dedicated and personalized customer support and for its continuous player SDK upgrades with the latest technologies. You can visit https://www.nexplayersdk.com and try NexPlayer SDK.
- Android, iOS, HTML5, Amazon Fire TV, Unity, Chromecast, STBs, Tizen TV supported
- MPEG-DASH and HLS with intelligent ABR algorithms
- Multiple video/audio tracks
- TTML, WebVTT, CEA608/708 advanced closed captioning
- VAST and compatibility with any other ad insertion solution
- 360 video
- Multiple integrated Add-ons: Dolby, Conviva, Agama, DTS, Yospace…
- Server/Client Time-shifting
- Offline playback, Offline HLS
- Multiple DRM support: Widevine, PlayReady, Verimatrix…
- CMAF (Common Media Application Format) support
THEOplayer is the leading HTML5 based video player is delivering a world-class viewer experience with no plugins. THEOplayer has support for HLS and MPEG-DASH fully in HTML5. It removes the need for plug-ins such as Flash or Silverlight, or streaming video content with multiple protocols. THEOplayer has proven compatibility with industry-leading solutions for streaming, DRM and Dynamic Ad Insertion. It dramatically simplifies distributing video content online.
- Adaptive playback of MPEG-DASH and HLS
- Video-on-Demand, Live and DVR streaming
- Proven compatibility with streaming solutions from Elemental Technologies, Envivio, Fabrix, Microsoft Azure Media Services, Unified Streaming, Imagine Communications, Wowza, …
- Support as well for non-MSE browsers (such as IE10 or IE11 on Windows 7) fully in HTML5 without plugins
- Cross-platform DRM with Common Encryption, Widevine and PlayReady
- Support for CMAF (Common Media Application Format)
- UI or fully chromeless depending on specific needs
- Managed cloud hosted or self-hosted depending on specific needs
- Advanced reporting and analytics
- Multi-audio tracks
- Seamless multi-period playback for MPEG-DASH
- Subtitles: CEA608/708, WebVTT, TTML
- Trick play: slow motion and high speed playback
- Frame accurate seeking
- Integrates with Nielsen DTVR (Digtal Television Ratings)
- Ads support: VAST, VPAID2, VMAP, …
- Dynamic Ad Insertion (Yospace partnership)
A complete feature overview can be found in our knowledge base: https://support.theoplayer.com. For more information visit www.theoplayer.com
Qualcomm has developed a DASH streaming client for the Android platform running on Snapdragon processors. The Qualcomm DASH client is integrated with the Android multimedia framework, which allows the client to be utilized from any application or the web browser. The Qualcomm DASH client supports both the on-demand and live profile. The optimized rate adaptation algorithms are tuned on Snapdragon to handle the highly variable wireless channels common in 3G/4G systems. Qualcomm is committed to making DASH a success and makes its Qualcomm DASH client available to its OEM partners in the most recent versions of Snapdragon processors.
For further infomation contact Aytac Biber ‘abiber at qti.qualcomm.com’
Streamline content delivery to mobile devices
In a multi-platform world, distributing media consistently can be a challenge. Helix SDK for Android is the ready-to-go development package that lets you easily extend your content and services to Android. With full support for MPEG-DASH, Helix SDK turns Android devices 2.2 – 4.x into MPEG-DASH-compatible playback clients.
Helix SDK lets you:
- Deliver a superior MPEG-DASH-compatible streaming experience
- Streamline operations for different versions of Android devices
- Provide predictable performance across Android
- Support revenue-generating services, such as media rental and purchase
- Support for MPEG-DASH turns Android devices (2.2 – 4.x) into MPEG-DASH-compatible playback clients.
- Over-the-air deployment lets you build core media capabilities directly into applications and avoid device-specific integration to help reduce costs and allow for consistent implementation.
- Digital rights management through Verimatrix and Microsoft PlayReady DRM helps ensure streaming and downloaded content is protected when delivered across open delivery networks.
- HTTP live streaming (HLS) support gives Android users a superior streaming experience such as those enjoyed on iOS devices – helping to increase service usage and adoption.
- Consistent Android and iOS processes help lower development costs and speed up time to market.
Helix SDK is part of the Helix Media Delivery Platform from RealNetworks which helps organizations encode, manage and securely deliver media for a wide range of platforms, formats and devices. Learn more about Helix SDK or contact us for a free demonstration to see how Helix SDK can help you deliver MPEG-DASH-compatible content and services on Android devices.
StreamOne Player is a flexible high-performance html5 video player which prefers DASH, but also supports HLS and progressive streaming. It offers support for VAST/VPAID advertising, advanced analytics/events, skinning, plugins. A product overview can be supplied if required. More information and a preliminary demo are available here: https://www.streamone.nl/player
OnStream® MediaPlayer+ is a commercial multimedia player development kit enabling cross-platform content retrieval and playback on connected devices including mobile handsets, tablets, laptops, desktops, set-top boxes, and smart TVs.The OSMP+ toolkit incorporates a set of highly optimized software multimedia codecs for popular formats (HEVC/H.265, H.264, AAC, etc.), as well as support for multiple live and VOD streaming protocols, including MPEG-DASH. Our DASH protocol solution is constantly validated by continuous inter-operability testing with a dozen encoding/streaming partners.The toolkit includes must-haves such as support for closed captions, subtitles, multi-language, multi-audio, 3rd party DRM integration, ad insertion, and player analytics. Providers can further differentiate their service with premium sound, Dolby® for example.
Deployed globally with large and small content delivery operators, the player provides a high-quality, reliable, and consistent user experience across platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS. Cross-platform development is facilitated through the uniform APIs. The code base is device/CPU/OS independent and solves the fragmentation problem.VisualOn, Inc. is a Silicon Valley-based multimedia software company that enables rich entertainment experiences across mobile and connected devices. VisualOn’s unique patented technology is designed for ease of integration, with optimized quality, performance, and minimal power consumption.For more information, please visit www.visualon.com.